By legislative order.
I’m not making this up. It will shock you to learn that it’s the Republicans behind this again. From the Charlotte Observer:
Several local governments on the coast have passed resolutions against sea-level rise policies.
When the General Assembly convened this month, Republican legislators went further.
They circulated a bill that authorizes only the coastal commission to calculate how fast the sea is rising. It said the calculations must be based only on historic trends, leaving out the accelerated rise that climate scientists widely expect this century if warming increases and glaciers melt.
The bill, a substitute for an unrelated measure the N.C. House passed last year, has not been introduced. State legislative officials say they can’t predict how it might be changed or when or if it will emerge.
Longtime East Carolina University geologist Stan Riggs, a science panel member who studies the evolution of the coast, said the 1-meter estimate is squarely within the mainstream of research.
“We’re throwing this science out completely, and what’s proposed is just crazy for a state that used to be a leader in marine science,” he said of the proposed legislation. “You can’t legislate the ocean, and you can’t legislate storms.”
NC-20 Chairman Tom Thompson, economic development director in Beaufort County, said his members – many of them county managers and other economic development officials – are convinced that climate changes and sea-level rises are part of natural cycles. Climate scientists who say otherwise, he believes, are wrong.
Got that? Hey, science, you’re wrong, because shut up. Shut up is why.
I’d like to go live on another planet now, please.
this week on ‘selfish old guys screw the pooch for future generations’, the longest-running show in america…
- sparkofspaceandtime reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- inflammo1226 reblogged this from queen-of-hearts92
- inflammo1226 likes this
- queen-of-hearts92 reblogged this from makishimasenpai
- frizzycrls likes this
- eddyckeane likes this
- wojojojo reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- crosshonneonna reblogged this from makishimasenpai
- minaleigh likes this
- falseinnocence likes this
- scydiaas likes this
- acutebunnybutt reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- hypotheticalwoman reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash and added:
- limiculous reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- littlealligator reblogged this from kogiopsis
- glitterdustcyclops reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- vegacoyote likes this
- dorkyboo likes this
- marissa-fa likes this
- spirithana reblogged this from backuphat
- spirithana likes this
- makishimasenpai reblogged this from backuphat
- kogiopsis reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash and added:
- tansytum reblogged this from ceruleancynic
- backuphat reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- twitchtipthegnawer reblogged this from aurababequill
- crow-song likes this
- aurababequill reblogged this from jumpingjacktrash
- jumpingjacktrash reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- bonemangrove likes this
- greeniaus likes this
- arjache likes this
- freeopensociety reblogged this from winneganfake
- threehornedsoul reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- winneganfake reblogged this from teratocybernetics
- teratocybernetics reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- houjirozame reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- nickdangerprivatethirdeye reblogged this from ceruleancynic and added:
- ceruleancynic posted this